-->

Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

First Baseball All-Star Game Appearance at age 41


On Friday, July 19th I played in my 1st baseball All-Star game! The game was played at the Greensboro War Memorial Stadium, which was the former home of the Greensboro Class A minor league team. The field was beautiful and it was a lot of fun getting to play there.


That's me batting in the picture. I am representing the MSBL League Pirates. The pitcher's brother was sitting in the stands near Michelle and the family and he brought a radar gun. He clocked him at 85 mph while he was pitching to me. I had a solid foul ball against him, but he won the battle. In my other at bat I flew out to right field. No hits for the night, but still a neat experience. In the field I played a couple of innings in center field and a couple in right field.

It has not been easy trying to play "real" baseball again for the first time in 22 years, but I am really enjoying it. There is something about baseball that all those years of playing softball could not compensate for.

Don't worry about me not getting a hit, I was able to bounce back and get a hit in my first at bat in my next game that Sunday.

1 comment:

Mickey's Girl said...

Thanks for the great blog. I love it. How fun to play at a minor league stadium. Keep it up.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.