-->

Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Starting Pitcher vs. the Giants

On Sunday May 3rd, my baseball team played against the Giants in our MSBL league. They were undefeated at the time and averaging 18 runs a game.

When I arrived at the field for the game and started getting loose they asked me if I wanted to start the game. As in be the starting pitcher for the game. That was awesome. Of course I said yes. After not getting to pitch at all last year I had worked my way to be one of the top 2 pitchers on my team this year.

The game went well. I ended up pitching 6 complete innings and gave up 5 runs, but I think only about 2 or 3 were earned. I also had a very good day hitting. I went 2 for 3 with 2 rbi's. This raised my batting average after 4 games to an impressive 0.545.

Cetainly playing well helps make the game a lot more fun. Although we lost, I am having fun playing this year. Michelle laughs at my kid-like desire to try to get the team together to practice on our off days.

This is real competitive baseball. I've got to enjoy it while I am able.

Here are some pictures taken by Julie Lane who is a professional photographer and the wife of one of my teammates.

5-03_baseball_game_042

5-03_baseball_game_057

DSC_9850

5-03_baseball_game_028

5-03_baseball_game_070

5-03_baseball_game_092

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.