-->

Pages

Friday, August 15, 2008

6th Anniversary = Paint?


Life isn't always glamorous.
In between the awards, vacations, and fun activities there is the real world waiting it's turn for attention.


On July 20th of this year we celebrated 6 years of living in our home in North Carolina. Although it is hard to believe that the time has passed that quickly, a lot has certainly happened during that time. Both children have now spent more of their lives in North Carolina than they did living in Ohio.


To celebrate this anniversary, Michelle decided that it was time to paint the remainder of the house that had not been repainted since we moved in. Knowing full well that the 19 foot high foyer was not going to be fun, I have been putting off this needed activity for as long as I could. Finally Michelle declared that now is the time.


We started our adventure by choosing a paint color. After several rounds of the fun filled games: "What do you think of this?" & " "How does that look?" we settled for "Camel". I'll admit that "Camel" does not sound like a fun color, but fortunately the freshly painted walls do not invoke visions of large, shaggy, multi-humped animals.

The painting has been a whole family activity. Michelle and James started out in the upstairs hallway, with help from Madison's trim work and my ability to reach tough areas without a ladder.


Michelle then tackled the living room by herself, doing an excellent job.


The next, much dreaded area was the foyer. I inherited the lion's share of this activity. Starting at 8:00 am on a Saturday morning, I toiled away until 5:00 pm to nearly complete this large space. Using a twelve foot extension pole, I was able to get the walls painted. Then using the pole and a ladder I completed most of the trim.


As this is being written the final touch-up work still awaits, but the bulk of the painting has been completed. I still have some exciting extension ladder work ahead of me in order to complete the fine trim work that remains.


Not wanting to only blog about the fun activities, I thought I would share this family work endeavor, that helped us celebrate our 6th anniversary in NC.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.